Gilbert provides many employment opportunities for its residents. As one of the bustling cities in the valley, it takes the work of thousands of individuals in order to make everything run smoothly. Here are the largest employers in Gilbert according to tripsavvy.com:
- Gilbert Public School District: With just under 50 schools and academies in Gilbert, there is always a demand for employees who are passionate about kids. They have positions for teaching, administration, food service, janitorial staff, instructional assistants and many more. Even if you don’t have a teaching certificate or degree, there still may be opportunities for you to work in the school system
- City of Gilbert: The employees for the City of Gilbert are at the heart of all the action. From receptionists to grounds workers to recreation instructors, getting Gilbert to function efficiently is the responsibility of the city and state workers. There are part-time and full-time positions available, but keep in mind that some jobs are only seasonal.
- Medical Positions: Hospitals and doctor’s offices are scattered around the city of Gilbert, but Banner Health Care and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center employ hundreds of residents in Gilbert. Banner Health Care offers typical primary care services. Job positions change often at Banner Health, but you can expect to find administrative openings, radiologists, and pharmacy specialists. Mercy Gilbert is the city’s largest hospital, with 198 beds for patients all around the valley. They have received many awards from organizations like the American Heart Association and AZ Business Magazine. Because of the size and quality of service at this hospital, there is always a need for workers. Registered Nurses are constantly in demand, as well as physical therapists, medical assistants, and dietitians.
- Orbital Sciences Corporation: Orbital ATK has many branches throughout the valley. The branch in Gilbert works on satellite design and manufacturing. Orbital ATK offers career opportunities for internships, technicians, consultants, engineers and much more. Whether you are a young professional looking for your first job or a seasoned veteran with an established career, Orbital ATK gives everyone a shot at a meaningful and interesting job.
- Retail and Restaurants: Shopping is a large part of the City of Gilbert’s culture. With dozens of shopping centers, there is always a need for retail and restaurant workers. Even though these kinds of jobs require difficult physical labor, they do have full-time and part-time positions available and are perfect for people with busy schedules.